Cellulose Ethers for Gypsum Mortars
Gypsum plays a very important role in the construction materials industry.
Compared to cement, gypsum has unique characteristics:
1. lts curing is fast and the curing time can be adjusted;
2. It expands a little after hydration and has no hollowing and cracking of cementitious materials;
3. A large number of porous structures are formed in the material after solidification, which have the effect of breathing， sound-absorbing and sound insulation. This can adjust the humidity of living and working places,create a comfortable climate, so gypsum play an increasingly important role in interior decoration;
4. Natural gypsum is rich in China, its energy consumption per unit is 78% lower than cement. Gypsum can be recycled;
5. Desulfurization in power plants produces a large amount of gypsum, which also provides a rich source of gypsum.
It is the superior properties that gypsum have become more and more widely used.
Jianxin’s cellulose ethers provides gypsum-based mortars with key properties:
1、high water retention;
2、fast dissolution speed;
4、easy pumping and good sag resistance;
5、easy to apply and press finishing.